And with a SmartShelters pig shed, you’ll enjoy an added layer of benefits with your investment in a pig shelter, pig barn or outdoor pig housing:
- Designed to stabilise conditions – compared to the open air, your pigs will enjoy temperatures that are 3-4°C cooler in the summer, and 3-4°C warmer in the winter.
- Constructed with 100% super strength membrane structure fabric, which offers the best possible ventilation, guarding the herd against respiratory diseases.
- Designed to last – we use the strongest materials and proven construction methods to create structures that will stand the test of time, guaranteed by our market-leading 12 year warranty. Our track record of quality and longevity speaks for itself.
- Certified to stand strong under extreme conditions, boasting high wind, high rain and high snow certifications.
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? Our shelters are entirely customisable! Choose from a wealth of sizes, structures, styles and add-ons to create the perfect pig outdoor shelter for your herd.
- No matter what size herd you’re looking to shelter, we’ve got a span to suit – from small portable pig shelters through to massive 35m wide structures, the largest in New Zealand.
- All of our pig shelters are made right here in NZ, ensuring every construction is of the highest and most robust quality. Each shelter is built to exacting engineering standards (AS/NZS:1170.2:2011)
Do pig sheds need good ventilation?
Ventilation is a vital feature in any pig shed. Maintaining the right temperature will keep the pigs happy and comfortable while allowing them to grow faster and be more productive. Ventilation also reduces the contraction and spread of airborne and respiratory disease, meaning you’ll spend less on veterinary bills.
Thanks to their unique domed design and super strength membrane structure fabric construction, SmartShelters pig sheds offer industry-leading levels of ventilation. While choosing a traditional pig shed will mean that you’ll be obliged to spend thousands on a mechanical ventilation system (plus the ongoing running costs), a SmartShelters pig shed utilises natural airflow to keep your pigs comfortable and healthy. You won’t need to spend a cent!
Boasting a team backed by 100 years of experience, and working with the finest materials available, at SmartShelters we’re able to rapidly design and construct pig sheds of the highest quality, enabling you to work smarter, sooner. No matter whether you’re looking for a basic pig shelter or something more involved, at SmartShelters we’re ready to build the perfect structure for you.
Contact a member of our experienced team today to discuss a truly smart shelter solution for your property.