SmartShelters hay sheds are:
- Built to exacting standards: Whether high wind, high snow or high rain, SmartShelters hay storage shelters are made to cope with local conditions, and are built to AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 engineering standards.
- Made with the highest quality materials: At SmartShelters we use the world’s highest quality materials, like our thinner, stronger and more energy efficient Membrane Structure Fabric.
- Offer peace of mind: The market-leading 12 year SmartShelter warranty gives you the confidence you need to get on with the job, knowing that your hay storage solution is up to the task.
How many bales to a face?
There’s no standard amount of hay bales to a shed face. The number of bales to a face, and thus the size of your hay shed, will be determined by a couple of factors:
- The size of the bale: A common size for two string square bales is 350mm x 450mm x 900mm, while round bales tend to hover around the 1200mm x 1800mm mark, but with variations in baler brand, baler settings and packing tightness, these sizes can fluctuate dramatically.
- The desired height: How high can you stack the bales? How high do you want to stack the bales? The answer to these questions will be decided by things like the machinery you’ll be using to move the bales, and pure personal preference.
Are hay shed shelters waterproof?
Yes, the super strength membrane structure fabric used in SmartShelters hay shed shelters is 100% waterproof. Our team can help you to nominate the best site on your property for drainage, and our shelters can be designed to be fully enclosed, ensuring the environment inside remains as dry as possible. Our hay storage solution is completely customisable.
But even our fully enclosed shelters offer industry-leading levels levels of ventilation, while also letting in up to 90% of the available natural light. This helps to keep your hay dry, reducing the likelihood of spontaneous combustion and protecting it against spoilage.
Contact a member of our experienced team today to discuss a truly smart solution for your hay shed.