THE IDEAL SOLUTION FOR HAY STORAGE
Make the smart choice for your farm. Choose SmartShelters for your hay storage needs.
Hay needs to be kept in a dry, temperate and well ventilated environment. Traditional tin or iron hay sheds generally only tick one or two of those boxes, leaving your hay at risk of spoilage and even self combustion from excessive moisture. With super strength membrane structure fabric construction protecting the hay from the elements while keeping the area dry, temperate and well lit, SmartShelters hay storage solutions offer property owners a better way to store their hay. Designed and constructed right here in NZ, our expert team brings over 100 years of experience, and can create the perfect hay storage solution, whatever your needs may be.
TOUGH MATERIALS FOR LONG LIFESPAN
You have peace of mind with the SmartShelters’ 12-year limited warranty against product faults.
We use only the highest quality components to ensure that your shelter stands up to the conditions. SmartShelters structures are engineered to AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 and are rated to withstand wind and snow conditions. By using structural-grade Supergal galvanised steel framing and tough Ripstop roof covers we have built up a reputation for extremely high quality and long-lasting structures.
ASK US A QUESTION ABOUT OUR HAY STORAGE
SmartShelters hay shelters are:
- Built to exacting standards: Whether high wind, high snow or high rain, SmartShelters hay storage shelters are made to cope with local conditions, and are built to AS/NZS 1170.2:2011 engineering standards.
- Made with the highest quality materials: At SmartShelters we use the world’s highest quality materials, like our thinner, stronger and more energy efficient Membrane Structure Fabric.
- Offer peace of mind: The market-leading 12 year SmartShelter warranty gives you the confidence you need to get on with the job, knowing that your hay storage solution is up to the task.
How many bales to a face?
There’s no standard amount of hay bales to a shed face. The number of bales to a face, and thus the size of your hay shed, will be determined by a couple of factors:
- The size of the bale: A common size for two string square bales is 350mm x 450mm x 900mm, while round bales tend to hover around the 1200mm x 1800mm mark, but with variations in baler brand, baler settings and packing tightness, these sizes can fluctuate dramatically.
- The desired height: How high can you stack the bales? How high do you want to stack the bales? The answer to these questions will be decided by things like the machinery you’ll be using to move the bales, and pure personal preference.
Are hay shed shelters waterproof?
Yes, the super strength membrane structure fabric used in SmartShelters hay shed shelters is 100% waterproof. Our team can help you to nominate the best site on your property for drainage, and our shelters can be designed to be fully enclosed, ensuring the environment inside remains as dry as possible.
But even our fully enclosed shelters offer industry-leading levels levels of ventilation, while also letting in up to 90% of the available natural light. This helps to keep your hay dry, reducing the likelihood of spontaneous combustion and protecting it against spoilage.
Contact a member of our experienced team today to discuss a truly smart shelter solution for your property.